Saturday, February 2, 2013

The Project's Over



It’s been 6 months since the torrential rains of August brought us to our knees with water, water, everywhere. 

Pipes burst, electrical cables frayed, and the stars converged to bring our little ranch house out of the 1980’s and into the 21st Century.

With the help of our contractors, we’ve been rewired and re-plumbed.  

Doors, walls, and closets are hung and painted.   

Cabinets are in, fixtures and appliances are working.   

The place is looking like a home on a real estate tour.

Even with a great general contractor working on our behalf, the construction process took an enormous amount of thought, management, and of course patience, and we’re glad to be done with it. 

The result is storage – something our little home was sorely lacking—and of course, beauty. 

We’re at the end of the road.  The project’s over.  We release the team to more and greater good.    Do well and prosper, friends.

Here’s to celebrating life with all its ups and downs, and to the wondrous results we can achieve after time beneath the rubble. 


- Sanne Collins
   From the Ranch in Florida


What’s Been Keeping Me Busy Lately

Love Those Wide Open Spaces is a blog designed to follow my daily life as a freelance writer and rancher.  It’s a life full of constant change and a wide scope of interests.

Freelance writing, by its definition, requires the ability to write on a variety of subjects, to juggle many assignments during the times of plenty, and lastly to fill the void when checks are slow.   That said, I’m always writing.

Much of my work is done for others such as corporations, websites, or articles penned under another’s name.  I’ve sold the rights to these works, so they can’t be shared. 

However, many of my projects are available under my own name and can be read right here on the web.    

 You can click on either the site or the story below to see them.

Check out what’s been keeping me busy lately!















2 comments:

  1. It caught my eye because I am thinking of remodeling my kitchen, so I read the blog with interest. I hope I will be as satisfied as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remodels can be a big pain, can't they! Good luck with your "new" home!

    ReplyDelete